the secret lives of prothros.

December 15, 2009

quick update

Filed under: Uncategorized — prothro @ 4:21 pm

I bet you didn’t think this update would be about my dog’s flatulence BUT it is.

So a sweet friend of mine just informed me that dogs are allergic to grapes and raisins, to the extent that they can die from ingesting to much.

Molly is happy and fine and far less gassy but I just wanted to share this information in case, like me, you think grapes pose a good opportunity-with their mass and spherical, aerodynamic bodies- to try to teach your dog to catch food in the air.

OWNER FAIL.

There is an article about this issue here.

And since blogs are better with pictures here’s one from this weekend:

The caption should read: “Anyone who was accidentally poisoned by their pet parents please raise your hand”

Advertisements

2 Comments »

  1. It’s a good thing the Lord protects kids from grapes, Dimetapp, flaming kitchen towels, etc!!!

    Comment by Mom — December 15, 2009 @ 11:39 pm

  2. My Sunday school teacher, John Politan, came within minutes of dying a couple of weeks ago…choking on a grape that they couldn’t dislodge. From now on only crushed grapes for me. Can Molly have malbec?

    Comment by Dr Wells — December 16, 2009 @ 10:10 pm


RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: